National Council Project
- Donate $25.00 to NGC, Inc. Disaster Fund
- Contributing $75.00 to TGC Scholarship Fund
- Contributing $75.00 to TGC Endowment Fund
- Members bring donations for clients at the Women’s Shelter of Brazoria County depending on the current needs. December meeting
- Members bringing towels, wash rags, personal items, paper products and/or cleaning supplies for the Women’s Shelter of Brazoria County. March meeting
- Local Contributions. $50.00 each to the following: Home Delivered Meals, Women’s Center of Brazoria County. Brazosport Cares Food Pantry, Interfaith food basket, True To Life Ministries for a total of $250.00.
- Gulf Coast Bird Observatory. Our club’s involvement with the Gulf Coast Bird Observatory began when Nell Denman designed a planting area to beautify the entry sign, and the area was panted by members. More recently, a group of club members, now chaired by Trisha Meiller, has taken on the planting and maintenance of a butterfly garden at the observatory.
Ways and Means Projects
- One Plant Sale held each club year in the spring. This sale is held in conjunction with the city of Lake Jackson’s clean-up day and city-wide clean-up.
- Exhibit and discussion of Horticulture is a part of club meeting. Unusual plants as well as those more commonly grown are introduced to the members by the Horticulture Chair and others.
- There are two Field Trips each year, the date and location are to be announced later.
- Serve as host club for the Houston Federation of Garden Clubs meeting.